eBook conversions – normally, Kindle conversion or ePub Conversion processes that produce the most familiar eBook formats – the AZW (for Amazon’s Kindle) and ePub (for all other devices excepting the Kindle – Kindle cannot read ePub formats and reads only the AZW format, which is the proprietary format of Amazon). People with writing skills and with a lot of ideas (and with creativity), who have been longing to use their skills and put their ideas into words in a book in order to be published, have become encouraged after the arrival of eBooks, as it has been made easy to get books published in digital forms whereas it had been a difficult process doing that in traditional method – in printed form.
The online publishing platforms such as Amazon, Apple, Noble and Nook, and so on, have been offering easy, free conversion options using online automated tools. When an author submits a .Word file, it will automatically get converted into the Kindle or ePub format of eBook. However, there is risk involved in these processes. The output eBook will not open properly in all devices or apps. The content may be fine in Kindle devices but in other applications, the special characters, images, graphs, tables, etc., may not display properly as the automated tools cannot capture these appropriately during the conversion process. Other than these, the basic drawbacks in carrying out conversion by self are:
- Much of time is required to get to learn the processes involved.
- You will be the only person responsible for the whole of the processes.
- The output might show up that it is not professional and be understood to have been prepared by an amateur author / publisher.
To ensure perfect readability and error-free output, you need to hire an experienced service provider like EBook Coder who has handled a number of Kindle conversion as well as ePub conversion projects with good records.
When you outsource your conversion process, you will:
- Not be the only one responsible – a team of professionals will be taking care of your project to ensure perfect quality of the output.
- Your book will be more professional and the looks will catch more of readers for you, if the overall quality, that is, not only the content but also the formatting (the book cover, the font, color, images and style, etc.) will be pleasant to the readers.
Unless you are technically sound – professionally well-versed in html coding, it is not recommended that you try to do the conversion following the steps narrated. It is better to outsource the project to a service provider, as explained above. Not only the formatting (conversion into eBook) part you should outsource, it is also needed that you should submit your manuscript to a professional copy editor to get it edited thoroughly in order to ensure quality of the content too, though you may be very good in the language (grammar, spelling, etc).